Some of you may remember the x-mas board. My list included an Airedale T. puppy. Somehow, a lill' delayed, but still Santa managed to bring me the pooch.

We called her Frida, like the mexican artist. My mother, who had the idea for the name, later came to me saying that she was worried about the name. Frida Khalo had a painfull life with so many illnesses you'll need 3 sets of hands to count them. And she didn't wanted her to be coursed to follow the same path.

Well folks... Always listen to your hearts and never ever name your puppy Frida.

As soon as she was vaccinated for kennel cough she got an eye condition called "blue-eye syndrome" which temporarily blured her vision. As it is an allergic response, the vet called for corticoid eye drops. But as we started with the treatment, she developed a mild case of kennel cough, nothing to be worried about, the vet said.

I gave her the drops and the baby's flu medicine prescribed for the cough. She was recovering and became an "airdale hound" in the process, as she relayed on her nose rather than on her blured eyes to roam the house and the garden and the nearby front yards.....

But on friday she started to have a bit of diarrhea which became a lot worst with the hours. I rushed to a friend of mine's practice. Not the former vet whoe prescribed all the corticoid and stuff -she made the contact for me to find the airedale- but an old friend who works with homeopathy and works wonders.

He was optimistical.

And the prescription just included a single drop of a medicine 3 times a day. No more corticoids or other "regular" substances.

Well... Frida is very very sick. She's got the worst case of diarrhea I've ever seen in a living thing. This morning she doesn't even want to drink a drop of water, don't even talk about talking a walk or even wagging her tail. She's just lying there in her bed reduced to her minimal expresion.

The vet is still optimistical, he says that's the way the drugs work. I'm not all that positive about it. I've seen animals pass away for less than that. I think she's still with us only because A.T. are known to be such a sturdy breed.

It's really really sad.

Just wanted to let you know.

Best wishes....

Dave and Frida