I looked out my window this morning and there's 3" of snow in Knoxville. Won't be leaving the house today. That's fine with me, I'm a tying fool.

I finished my rotary drier yesterday, with a mirror-ball motor from Spencer's, a 1/4' bolt from Ace Hardware, and the foam wheel from the commercial drier that died on me this winter. Screwed the whole thing to my tying table and I'm loaded for bear. Also made a bunch of clips by using that play-doh type epoxy to bond some spare needles to some alligator clips.

That allowed me to finish a bunch of Pompano Rocket flies I'd been working on, as well as a couple of Bendbacks. Also got started on some of Steve Gibson's Big Eye Baitfish bodies. These will be used for what looks like 3 saltwater trips, as well as LMB later on.

On the smaller end, this week I've been tying Yong's Specials, Brassies, and the Hobby Lobby midge in sizes 22 & 20. I didn't have any room in my box for them, so I gave them to one of my wife's co-workers who fly fishes but doesn't tie.

I won't get fishing this weekend, but I love to think about hooking a fish while I'm tying. I feel like I've been in the water all day already.

Spring fever, I've got it.