A new wrinkle to guide fees, from a Midwest area guide's site:

"Northeast Iowa Inland Trout Fly Fishing Guides - Guided Trip Rates - $350 for the first day, $250 each additional day, for up to 2 anglers, up to 8 hours on the water per day. Team Fish Rates, subtract 30%. Bamboo Rod Rentals are $50 per rod per day additional. Gratuities at your discretion.

Team Fishing Service Level - a lot of guides (and authors) will tell you that it's absolutely a crime for your fishing guide to actually fish himself during a guided trip. Rubbish! Whether your guide should fish or not depends entirely on what you need from the guide.

If you're an experienced fly angler who doesn't need someone tying his knots, landing his fish, potentially coaching his every move, this may be the perfect service level for you. Team Fishing is even more effective at dissecting the day's angling problems; you have another highly experienced angler (your guide) as an actively participating member of your fishing party. Having another line in the water means quicker results, especially on tough fishing days. I'm still going to put you, the client, on the absolute best water while I fish secondary spots. I'm not planning to disappear downstream unless we agree that some scouting is in order. I'll still provide flies if you need them, but would rather show you what YOU have in your box that will work."

You get a 30% discount if you let the guide fish???!!!???

Your thoughts?

Joseph

[This message has been edited by BLUEWINGOLIVE (edited 02 February 2006).]

[This message has been edited by BLUEWINGOLIVE (edited 02 February 2006).]