+ Reply to Thread

Thread: boudreaux,streamer recipe,instructions?

Default boudreaux,streamer recipe,instructions?

hi folks, i just had shoulder surgery, so please excuse the 1 handed typing..

i have some tying time available, [1 handed], and am looking for the recipe, and possibly illustrated instructions for the popular boudreaux nymph/streamer,, spelling is close..canadian i think, all purpose fly.
    it resembles a small wooly bugger,with beadchain eyes

i have seen it on a website, but it wasn't printer friendly..
    anyone have an idea where i can find it ??
    thanks, tom

I thought it was an FAOL FOTW pattern this past year....but found that it was actually attached to the bottom of an article submission. You can find the "black boudreaux" here:
    http://www.flyanglersonline.com/feat...ese/112408.php
    David Merical
    St. Louis, MO

Simple and buggy... I like it!

Default boudreaux fly..thanks

hi folks, i found it in a few different places..
    thanks, again..
    tom

thanks, found it,
    tom

Blog Entries

Hey Tom,
    I go in the 10th for a torn rotator cuff. How's your PT going? Doc says 2 pain killers before PT will be the process 3x/wk for 6 wks. Your experience to this point?

Thankfully it's not my casting arm!

ted

Default casting arm !!!

hi ted. please excuse the 1 handed typing.
    this is my 3rd surgery. 2 rt side last year, now the left side. i missed all of last year. went fishing once, on a farm pond with my 4 wt for sunfish..no streams.

i also race a vintage formula vee, but not last year, also no hunting, and no toy airplane flying.. not a good year.

i will start PT in about 2-3 weeks.. my advice.. take it easy.. if it hurts more than a mild ache,,, don't do it.....and don't let them make you do it, or stretch you too strongly...i did....mistake..save the pain pills for after PT..tequila also helps

don't lift any more than you have to..
    don't reach over your head for anything. luckily my wife took very good care of me,, at first.. than i messed up and had to have the second surgery.

first time was last february, arthroscopic,,second time the big cut..

my last surgery for my rt. side was last june and it still isn't back to normal..
    it is a minimum of 6 months recovery, if you take it easy,, if you screw up...
    much longer. good luck i live in central pa..thart9146@comcast.net let me know how things go for you,,tom

Default On the rotator cuff...

I've had three rotator cuff surgeries right shoulder, and yes I am/was right handed. I do everything possible with my left hand, I'm now a year after the last one and it still isn't right. Still on too many pain killers, maintenance at this point. I was a smoker and my surgeon said "quit" or he wouldn't do the surgery. I did quit and I'm grateful for that (used Chantex) and have no urge to start that again.
    Be very careful on the Physical Therapy, my rotator cuff was torn loose after the 2nd surgery in therapy and the therapist did NOT recognize that I was in trouble. The doctor straightened him out, but how many others did he mess up?
    This is very serious stuff - make sure you know what they are doing and what the results are supposed to be. Good luck!

Blog Entries

Thank you both so much for the input!
    I will try to take every precaution as this will be a one time deal for me.
    LF, I didn't get the ultimatum but I do need to quit. First round of chantix was interrupted, wife stage 3 breast cancer, but I will give it another shot.

+ Reply to Thread