+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why Snake Guides?

As a traditionalist fisherman, I prefer snakes guides for aesthetic reasons.

As an engineer, I appreciate snake guides because they are a brilliant, nearly perfect design.

Sully,

I usually do not believe everything I read or hear for that matter. I try to make my decisions based on what I read and gather from others and then put all the input together and make my decision from that and from reading that article and reading everyone's responses, I have decided that it does not make any difference as far as rod performance goes. It is just a personal preference and I am OK with that and appreciate everyone's replies.
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

Default Dynamic ....

Warren -

I started an informal poll on this issue last spring some time, on the Rod Building Forum.

Almost without exception, people who responded indicated that while actually fishing they would not be able to tell the difference between a rod with snake guides and an otherwise identical rod with single foot guides.

The discussions about preferences and the technical differences that might exist between two otherwise identical rods sporting the different style of guides are always interesting and educational.

But when it gets down to the dynamic situations fishing presents, hardly anyone, if anyone, can tell the difference.

John
    The fish are always right.

+ Reply to Thread