First off finally got reliable Internet service back. That is the good news.

Now the bad news. The endocrinologist I went to for thyroid ablation is rather difficult to deal with. The ablation was done in November. He looked at me in early December, drew blood and put me on thyroid hormones. he said the results would be in about two weeks, we will call and see you in 6 weeks!

I have been having bad spells like hyperthyroid again then almost like hypothyroid. Up and down with no word from the doc. Called for the test results and the receptionist gave me the numbers. When I asked what the doc had to say about the results she said she did not know and the doctor said he would discuss that at my next appointment in two weeks!

I knew something was really wrong so I went back to my regular doc. Soon as she saw me she said she was very concerned. She drew blood for her own tests. Got the results today. I am still very hyperthyroid! There is a fight brewing between the docs. She was really hot that he put me on the hormone pill before waiting for my labs to show my hormones were low. She said there is no way he can even guess at an accurate dose without first allowing the natural production to drop off.

Regular doc wants me to stop taking the hormone, go back to the endocrinologist and see what he does this time then report it back to her immediately. He knows she is my PCP but has not sent her any reports. This chap has the bedside manner of a dead cod. Treated me pretty well at first but now it is like "next" I am just another one for him.

Well my regular doc is going to be there for me anytime I need her. She wants to keep an active hand here so I agree that she should keep an eye on things. This has driven my blood glucose numbers up. A1C from 6.3 up to 7.5 and average blood sugar from 105 to 169 (seeing spikes in the 230-335 range now). Only thing keeping my BP and heart rate down are the Beta blockers. I am back to not being able to sleep but maybe 4 hours in a day. Very restless hours at that.

I was getting better but now I am worse. My mental faculties are so bad that I forgot to pay my bills on time this month. I have items sitting here to be shipped out and I just cannot get it done. Amy knew something was up because "bear with a sore a@#" is back.

If I disappear for while folks I apologize and hope you all understand. When I do make it to work I come home and drop to the couch in exhaustion yet I cannot sleep.

God Bless,
Eric