+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Update to .....Oops no license

NC is one year from date of purchase.
    Mark 1:17

In New Zealand it's from Oct 1st until Sept 30th. But you have to check the regs for particular streams, rivers, lakes, etc as some are open all year, others have closed periods (which also vary a bit in the start and end periods), and limits are also specific to the water. Some have things like 5 fish limit, only 2 browns, or no limit but only 2 over 30 cm, and so forth.

What I do like is that if you buy your licence online you get a plastic "credit card" type thing with quite a nice picture on the front. I get a family licence, which includes Vanessa and Genesta's name as well. I've got a fishing licence with Genesta's name on it since the year she was born (ok, so that's only 3 so far). Will make a nice collection over the years. Anyway, fish and game send an e-mail reminder as the new licence date approaches so you can order your licence on-line (if you want). You get a "number" to record if you are going fishing before the licence arrives (which is really good if you're taking a friend who's forgot to get a licence so you can go on-line and buy a 1 day licence and just take the "number").

The licence covers all of New Zealand except an area around Lake Taupo (the large lake in the central north Island), which has it's own licence for that fishery.

- Jeff
    Am fear a chailleas a chanain caillidh e a shaoghal. -

He who loses his language loses his world.

Default License

Virginia is also one year from date of purchase. They can be purchased online (you just print it out), which I have to say is pretty darn convenient!

Arkansas: year to date.
    Good fishing technique trumps all.....wish I had it.

+ Reply to Thread