+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need Oppinions on 8-wt....

Default Need Oppinions on 8-wt....

Hey Everyone!-
    I'm having a little bit of trouble choosing a goodish, more economical 8 wt rod. I have narrowed it down to three choices, Scientific Anglers(I posted about the S.A. rod, before), W.W. Grigg, and Cabelas Cahill 8-wt. And with any of these rods I will probaly get a Pflueger Medalist 1400 Series reel. Mostly ,in this case, it is the price that influences the buy most,the S.A. is about $35, the Grigg is about $50, and the Cabelas is about $30. Thanks!
    -Fly_Fisher_12

[This message has been edited by Fly_Fisher_12 (edited 02 March 2005).]

Fly_Fisher_12
    Email me if you are interested in a SA Combo.

------------------
    "My fondest memories and friends will be forever bound to my heart, with the waters I have fished." D.G. 1992

www.wolfmountainfly.com

I don't know about the Grigg, I haven't seen one in a few years, but from what I've seen, the S.A. has much better fit and finish than the Cahill rod.

This is just SWAG but I supect that all of the rods you mentioned are from the same plant in China and since all are about the same price.I would buy the one that comes from the company you think will service a problem (if you have one) the best. I think all of the MF's - importers you are looking at are good. I don't know who's the best.

Rich

Check your mail flyfishmt.
    -Fly_Fisher_12

+ Reply to Thread