Quote Originally Posted by sagefisher View Post
I see there is a thread about who does Facebook. I didn't want to post a negative response on that thread so I decided to place this on Sound Off as a new thread.

I do not do Facebook nor Twitter nor Yahoo 'friends' or whatever they call it. I just do email if I want to communicate and naturally I do FAOL.

Something that really irritates me about Facebook is that they send out unsolicited messages saying so and so has asked to be your friend.

Well some of those people are in fact my friends so I have contacted them, both by phone and by email, and told them why I was not doing Facebook, hence I would not sign up as a friend.

They were all surprised at my having received that notice because they had not sent out any requests for friends. But, they had also received messages saying the same thing.

Just last week Yahoo joined in the group of unsolicited messages. I received an email from Yahoo saying Henry Hoffman wanted me to join him as a friend. Well I am friends with Henry so I sent him an email saying I don't do that, I just do email. He wrote back saying he never sent out any requests for 'friends' on Yahoo.

I don't like being scammed and they are scamming us just to try to build up their list of people so they can sell more advertising space. That really irritates me.

Larry ---sagefisher---
This hasn't happened to me, Larry. Who are "they?"
All you have to do is change your settings.