+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what's everyones favorite car wax

Hybrid View

Default what's everyones favorite car wax

well, the snow has finally melted away and the streets cleared up enough that i felt safe washing the cars today. was able to wash away about a month's worth of grime. got a good coat of wax on both cars before this mess hit. for the last couple of years i have been using meguiars three step system: 1. cleaner, 2. polish. 3. caranuba wax. generally do all three steps in the spring and just the wax in late fall before winter hits. been pretty pleased with the results. easy on and off. apply by hand and use a random orbital buffer to remove. really like the results. especially all three steps. what's your favorite?

Thumbs up

Mine is Klasse, imported from Germany. Not cheap, but easy to use and lasts quite a while.
    Jim

Born to fish - forced to work.

If it's MY truck I use the cheapest stuff I can find. Wipe it on and buff it off. If it's my bald spot, I don't use any wax. Shampoo & rinse in the morning and call it good.
    Where you go is less important than how you take the steps.
    Fish with a Friend,
    Lotech Joe

Wax? On a fishing rig?

REE
    Happiness is wading boots that never have a chance to dry out.

REE? You don't wax your fly rods?? I thought everyone did!! Turtle wax... for the rods ... don't know what they call it for the car ... it's what ever they squirt on it at the car wash!!! LOL!!
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

Betty,

Nope. Just a little candle wax on the male portion of the ferrules on the graphite rods. Bamboo rods, no wax either, I like the smell of varnish to last as long as possible. All rods do get a good wipe dowon after fishing and a proper drying before being stored though.

REE
    Happiness is wading boots that never have a chance to dry out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Eagle Elk View Post
    Wax? On a fishing rig?

REE
    yeah, unfortunately both of my vehicles are kid toting, grocery getting, work driving and once in a while fishing rigs. i like clean cars and find it theraputic to detail them when i am able. if i ever win the lottery, i want to find one of these and cherry it out. it would be my chest thumping, fishing trip, MAN vehicle: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...goneer_001.JPG
    Last edited by dpenrod; 01-24-2010 at 11:30 PM.

I use Zymol.
    Trout don't speak Latin.

I use Meguiars cleaner/wax a couple times a year on my car, truck and Jeep, as well as on my RV and boat.

In between those waxes, I use a product called Wash Wax All - just spray it on after washing, and wipe dry. I sometimes even use this on my windows. This product applies a fine coat of wax, removes some dirt, as well as any and all wet spots, and in my opinion is one of the slickest and best products on the market. It definetly makes washing a lot easier, and I do get my vehicles plenty dirty driving them off road every day in Montana from May to October. I believe it is used extensively in the aerospace industry, and I buy it at our local airport supply store for about $18 a gallon - which lasts me about 2 years.

John

Blog Entries

I would have to wash it first in order to wax it, and that is scheduled for May 11 at 9:35 a.m., after the snow melts and before the summer monsoons. I figure it will be clean for ten or fifteen minutes!

Seriously, the truck is on its last legs, the only thing worth cleaning is the glass so I can see where I am going.

And no, Betty, I don't wax my fly rods, either.

+ Reply to Thread