I could have written parts of flyguy66 and Warren's response...closer to Warren's other than the Greek Orthodox Mother, and Warren, God bless you and her!

flyguy, if you mean Jeff. City, Missouri, (what other one might there be?), I know exactly whereof you speak. Goin' to "Jeff" was a big deal for us kids back in the 50's and 60's. A huge, metropolitan area to us kids from a town of less than 1000 and 60 miles away. I grew up in Owensville...if you remember where that is, and my wife grew up on a farm north of St. Martins. We lived outside Jeff. City the first 25 years of our marriage. First near Brazito then on our farm between Russellville and Centertown. Do those towns dust off a few memories?

A comment on the Depression. Back then, down here in the Missouri Ozarks we didn't know it was over until someone told us in 1968. It didn't make any difference and we weren't any different from over half the people in Gasconade County. 1968 was a banner year, the year my grandparents got electricity. They never did have running water in the house. Come to think of it we didn't have running water at our house until I was 8 or 9.

A wonderful piece of writing. I believe I'll be proud to be a dinosaur. As with the others, I know my wife and I can take care of ourselves just fine without all the electronics.

I have to offer this observance. We like to eat at Cracker Barrel resturants. I've often commented on how lots of folks think those things hanging on the wall are antiques.....well heck....we still use most of them!!!! And Warren...I darn well know what a cream seperator is....and a crosscut and buck saw!!

Vic...still in the Ozarks.