Normand -

I understand exactly what you are saying and had the exact same experience this past week.

Although I, too, hate these high shipping costs, it's not all "profit" to the seller as I'm sure you know. That material supplier incurs costs for the shipping and packaging material, his costs for labor for the person who packages it, etc.

The flip side of the coin is going to the fly shop/supplier in person, like I did yesterday afternoon. I needed a spool of 100 denier black gel spun thread which sells for $3.99, so I drove (with my son and grandson) 90 miles round trip to the Hamburg, PA Cabelas store to buy it. Of course, I also had to buy them lunch and a few other misc. things at Cabelas, which cost me about $20, and then found out Cabelas was out of stock of this black gel spun tying thread. On the way home, I stopped at the TCO fly shop in Reading, PA but they didn't have this thread either. So, the entire trip probably cost me $50.00, plus the entire afternoon, and I ended up with nothing more to show for it than an afternoon spent with my son and grandson. It would have been much cheaper to fork over $10.00 for a spool of this thread (including $5.95 for shipping) and ordered it online.

Some days we just can't win!

John