I just had something really strange happen to me tonight, I received a email from PayPal or I thought it was PayPal and long story short it stated that there was unauthorized activity on my account and PayPal will put a freeze on my account to prevent any further transaction. So it goes on stating please log in and and confirm your account information by logging in to reactivate your PayPal account and enter all personal and security question, then click on start button. You cant believe how genuine this page looks. OK this is where the red flag went up, my virus protection threw up a flag saying "DO NOT OPEN PAGE" thank god for good virus protection software, I use Kaspersky it is the best. So what I did next was call PayPal to verify this email I received and sure enough it was a scam, when you sign-in and verify all your account information, well to late they got you!. According to PayPal this is what you need to look for

Thanks for contacting PayPal. I appreciate the opportunity to assist you with your concern.

Hi, it was nice speaking with you. Here are some tips to help protect your PayPal account.
Keeping your password secure:
* Don't use your PayPal password on any other site.
* Don't share your password.
* Change your password every month.
Scan For Viruses: Frequently scan your computer for viruses and make sure your virus software, operating system, and browser patches are up-to-date.

Ensuring that emails are really from PayPal:
* Check the greeting. We always address you by your first and last name, or the business name on your PayPal account.
* Before clicking a link in an email, put your cursor over the link and look at the web address. If it doesn't start with https://www.paypal.com, don't click it.
* See if the email asks for personal information. A PayPal email will never ask you for any of the following:
o Bank account numbers
o Debit and credit card numbers
o Driver's license number
o Email addresses
o Your full name
Check for attachments. We will never send an attachment or software updates to install on your computer.
Preventing spoof and phishing:
Spoof and phishing are illegal methods to collect personal and financial information by using fake emails, websites, and phone calls. With stolen information, criminals could commit credit card fraud and engage in other illegal activities.
Phishing emails attempt to steal your identity by tricking you into revealing your password or other personal or financial information.
These emails often link to websites that try to get you to enter credit card numbers, Social Security numbers, or account passwords.If you think you've received a fraudulent email, forward the email to spoof@paypal.com and then delete it from your mailbox.
To learn more about online safety, click "Security Center" on any PayPal webpage.

If you think you've received a fraudulent email, forward the email to
If this happens to you is forward the email directly to the following email address spoof@paypal.com