+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New and Different?

This is what I have come up with after a few experiments for a Green Rock Worm:

And this is a streamer I came up with for a fly swap on another board. I have never tied a streamer before and I don't really fish with them. I see pictures of them though so this is what I tied:

I wonder if it is a color scheme that would catch fish? It is supposed to be like the ASU Sun Devils colors...
    The sport is so royal that there is neither gentle nor villein, if it knew of it and loved it well, who would not be more honoured for that reason by all who understand it.

Same colors as the old time Mickey-Finn. I would think that a fish would eat it. Most streamer fishing is a reaction bite anyway.

http://www.riverbum.com/images/produ...-Finn-side.jpg

I have reproduced the shad pattern in heavy and surface weights. The "rainbow bugger" resulted from me talking to a old friend who had success with a pink and olive bugger once upon a time.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

I'm in the process of tying up some Czech nymphs in size 12 and 14 to match the green rock worm (some of my ties have the hot spot, some don't).

Doubt if I'll actually Czech Nymph, but I decided last seasonthat the GRWs currently in my box weren't thin enough.

the patterns were new to me as was using lead adhesive for weight.

Quote Originally Posted by jburge View Post
    Switching to calf body hair instead of calf tail hair for Wulff style wings. So far, I'm liking it. Definitely not the "curly" stuff to deal with

John
    Go totally wild. Use Turkey T-base feathers a la AK Best.

Holy Bejeezus, Wings!!! Those streamers should work...scare the fish right out of the water onto the bank!! They freaked me out and I am just sittin' here.\

mao
    ‎"Trust, but verify" - Russian Proverb, as used by Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by maodiver View Post
    Holy Bejeezus, Wings!!! Those streamers should work...scare the fish right out of the water onto the bank!! They freaked me out and I am just sittin' here.\

mao
    How did you know my secret? I think big fish need big bait! I can't wait to wet them in the current to see how the articulation works.

Just obtained a pattern for Todd's Wiggle Minnow (foam pattern for smallies) and today, I purchased the materials to tie it as a tube fly. I've only gotten as far as shaping the foam cylinder and making sure that a tube will fit in the slit where a hook shank normally sits.

+ Reply to Thread