Al Crise is a good friend and mentor of mine. He has been instrumental in the development of the Adaptive Fly Fishing Institute. He has played a major role in the development of Casting for Recovery and Reel Recovery therapeutic fly fishing programs for women and men with cancer. So it is with great sorrow that I report to you the following:

Update on Al Crise

Our friend and fellow fly fisher's medical condition is not improving. The doctors have discovered more lesions in his brain and are removing him from his chemo regime. Although our lives seem never ending, there comes a time - sooner for some and later for others - that it draws to a conclusion. And sadly, this appears true for Al in the months ahead. It is my prayer that Al can maintain his gracious attitude and quality of life while finding peace in his remaining days, even enjoy his life sport of fly fishing.

If you were present at the 2009 Conclave, you are aware that Al was inducted as a Legend of the Southern Council. For many of us, it is hard to see our friend slip away from us. But it is not too late to let Al know how much he is appreciated and cared about among the Southern Council. So help us shower Al with cards, letters and messages that can be an encouragement to him and his family. Here is Al's mailing address, share it with fellow fly fishers:

Allen Crise
2508 A County Rd 1011
Glen Rose, TX 76043
Birthday: January 29th

Continue to pray for Al and his family during this difficult time. If it be His Will, I ask God to bless Al once again with overcoming his illness.

Al, we love you for being our Legend and truly hope you win this fight too! We truly wish to thank you for being so attentive to our needs while you were able. Now it is our turn to be attentive to your needs.

Larry Murphy
VP Communications

(taken from the FFF Southern Council Website)