We just spent a couple of weeks in the subfreezing temperatures. Here in TN we get that kind of weather from time to time, but it's been along time since we have had this much cold for such a long length of time.

So, I got a taste of the shack nasties, and really feel sorry for you guys up north. Thinking of our fellow anglers up north, I got to trying to think of something that I could do, to give them some releif or a smile to brighten thier day. At least a little. I can't tie flies well, so coming up with a new fly to for you guys up north is out. I've never built a rod for you guys to see. So what can I do? Oh yeah, I can ask dumb questions.

Now we've done what's in your vest before, but I don't recall doing what's on your head before? Now, I realize this'll come as a shock, but I'm new to fly fishing. I don't have a fishing hat. I hope that won't get me kicked out of FAOL, but I don't have one just the same. But I been thinking of getting one.

Now I am not superstitious. No sir. Not a bit. Cross my fingers and hope to die. I truly believe you can catch fish no matter what sort of head gear you may have on. And I defy anyone to scientifically prove that you can't catch fish without a certain hat. Though of course your odds go up drastically if you are wearing the appropriate head gear and eat a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for lunch, but that's not superstition, that's just the facts.

So, what's your hat look like? More importantly, what gives your hat its mojo?

hNt

PS Before anyone fusses at me, I do own a FAOL cap that Betty had made. And it is my favorite cap.