+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wedding Cake

Hybrid View

Default Wedding Cake

A while back, I sold a Fin-Nor #2 "Wedding Cake" reel that was in excellent to new condition. At the time, I didn't know much about these reels (and still don't know much, hence the question) and would like to determine if I came anywhere close to getting what it was worth. It was given to me as a gift from a friends estate, by his brother. I have no intention of trying to recoup any perceived loss, just to satisfy my curiosity. Anyone care to take a shot at the value range?
    They're just fish, right? Right?

There is one on Len Codellas site for $1800 in n/m condition.Hope you did as well.

Quote Originally Posted by SkipS View Post
    There is one on Len Codellas site for $1800 in n/m condition.Hope you did as well.
    It appears that I didn't do enough homework. I sold it for $750. Live and learn. Thanks SkipS.

Lew Old reels have varying values ....... depends on how much the buyer wants what you have. I have seen Wedding Cakes go from $400 up the past 3-4 years.

Obviously you were happy with the sale when you did it so why look to make yourself miserable now? Unless you have a second one to sell?

Quote Originally Posted by DEcevR View Post
    Lew Old reels have varying values ....... depends on how much the buyer wants what you have. I have seen Wedding Cakes go from $400 up the past 3-4 years.

Obviously you were happy with the sale when you did it so why look to make yourself miserable now? Unless you have a second one to sell?
    I understand about the relative values of old reels. I was more than happy to get what I did for the reel. I couldn't use it where I live but it bought me two other quality freshwater reels. Like finding money on the sidewalk.

That said, I'd seen some stuff on the internet that caused me to wonder if I'd shortchanged myself through my own ineptness at knowing the market, and reluctance to dicker. Just asked to satisfy my curiosity, and perhaps to let someone else use a lesson learned.

Even though the wedding cake was pretty heavy, I'd have kept it for freshwater if it had been a left-hand wind. It's a quality reel.

+ Reply to Thread