+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Albright is selling cheap again

Hybrid View

Blog Entries

Default any canadian dealers?

Eastern Canada would even be better. Anyone know of any?

Default Wader

Clay,

I purchased a pair of Albright Waders last year. My first pair of breathable waders. I've used them less than 10 times. So far I've been happy with them. No leaks, easy to move around. I bought them a bit large so no pulling on me when I walk, fish, climb out of the stream, etc. I don't have a point of comparison to other breathables though. The tag says "made in china" if that makes a difference to you.

Phishtales

Ask them to ship USPS.
    UPS to Canada involves Brokerage/duty charges so we have asked them to ship by mail.
    At first they said no but have since relented I believe.

I tried to order some stuff from them the last time that they had a sale. When I saw the shipping, I couldn't believe it. Sent them an e-mail to see if they would ship usps and they told me that they would not be able to do that. When you add in shipping that really doesn't give you that good of a deal IMO.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by flyfshn76 View Post
    I tried to order some stuff from them the last time that they had a sale. When I saw the shipping, I couldn't believe it. Sent them an e-mail to see if they would ship usps and they told me that they would not be able to do that. When you add in shipping that really doesn't give you that good of a deal IMO.

I agree. Ebay would pull my listing for shipping rates like that.
    Kevin

Be careful how you live. You may be the only Bible some person ever reads.

Blog Entries

Haven't checked to see if their deal includes free shipping at a certain point, but if so, maybe two or more people could get together on an order. Then the only shipping is from one of them to the other on the items that the second wanted. It didn't take me all that long to reach $150 for free shipping last fall.

Default free shipping

I bought a Bugatti reel around Christmas and the shipping was free. I just chose the free ups shipping option under shipping options.

Quote Originally Posted by phishtales View Post
    Clay,

I purchased a pair of Albright Waders last year. My first pair of breathable waders. I've used them less than 10 times. So far I've been happy with them. No leaks, easy to move around. I bought them a bit large so no pulling on me when I walk, fish, climb out of the stream, etc. I don't have a point of comparison to other breathables though. The tag says "made in china" if that makes a difference to you.

Phishtales
    Thanks Phishtales, I missed your post before and only today read over the thread in more detail. I ended up with a pair of Patagonia Watermaster II on Ebay for $100 new. Not bad given that they were $335 retail and the shipping was under $10 on them from a vendor with 100% feedback. I've bought 4 pairs of waders off of Ebay for myself, friends and wife. While I contemplated the Albright's the shipping costs just threw the order out the window.

Rick

+ Reply to Thread