+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another luker takes the plunge

Default Another luker takes the plunge

Ive been lurking here for awhile and enjoying the board. Figured I'd put on my chest waders and jump in. Grew up in CO and started fly fishing in my teens, loved fishing the streams and rivers in the Rockies. Unfortunately no mountains and streams close to me now so most of my fishing is float tubing the local lakes. As long as I'm having fun and catching some fish in the process, thats all that matters. I look forward to making your acquaintances and joining in on the fun. On a side note I remember one person here that said he use to work for the Denver Post. My dad worked there for a lot of years and I'm wondering if you knew each other. If you happen to read this or if someone else knows who I'm referring to please let me know. Good drifs!

------------------
    Terry Quality flies~ great prices..www.teflyfishing.com

Anderson, South Carolina (Northwest corner of SC) USA

Hi Fishflyer,

Glad that you decided to join us offically. There are lots of good people and good information to be found here. Be sure to let us hear from you freguently. Your thoughts, opinions, suggestions and questions are always welcome. 8T

------------------
    You had better learn to be a happy camper. You only get one try at this campground and it's a real short camping season.

FishFlyer,

A big Warm Welcome to 'ya.

------------------
    Christopher Chin, Jonquiere Quebec
    [url=http://www.flyanglersonline.com/bb/Forum1/HTML/015738.html:3ec58]2006 FishIn Ste-Marguerite River[/url:3ec58]

[url=http://pages.videotron.com/fcch/:3ec58]Fishing the Ste-Marguerite[/url:3ec58]
    Christopher Chin

Thanks 8t, I appreciate the welcome. Youre right there is a lot of good people here and lots of good info. I see that I mispelled lurker in the heading line, shows that my typing sucks. Oh well, thankfully my fishing is usually better than my typing. Terry

Welcome fishflyer. Good to have you here.
    Do you see the little icon above each post that has a pad and pencil. You can click on that and edit out all the nasty stuff that you want to change. Do-overs are great, aren't they? Especially flyfishing do-overs.
    They're just fish, right? Right?

Welcome aboard - new faces and voices always welcome here! (consider this your "official welcome")

------------------
    LadyFisher, Publisher of
    FAOL

Welcome! I'm from down by the Wichita area. If you're ever down my way, get in touch. We can go chase some of the stocked trout down here. There is a fly fishing only area that has been fairly challenging so far this year.

HELP, HELP, The lurkers are coming, the lurkers are coming!!

Sounds alot like lunkers so this must be a good thing

Welcome to you and all other new members.

jed

That might have been me, FishFlyer. I was a Postie from 1970 to 1974 and did a regular feature for the paper called Country Roads, typically a full picture page with stories I wrote from around the state of Colorado, northern NM and southern WYO. Drop a name here or by e-mail. JGW

ps, welcome to FAOL. Best virtual fly shop in the business.

[This message has been edited by white43 (edited 01 February 2006).]

FishFlyer,

Let me add another big FAOL welcome. Glad your here.

Now hang your wet waders by the door, grab a cup of coffee and a donut, pull a chair up by the fire and join in.

As I've told other new folks, the new guys make the coffee and chop the fire wood, but it looks like you'll have lots of help.

Again, welcome aboard.

Ron Eagle Elk

+ Reply to Thread