+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Florence Marina State Park GA

Hybrid View

Question Lake Walter F George, GA or AL

Anybody ever fish Lake Walter F george? We are suppose to be there at the end of February. I had thought of taking my ODC Classic, but it looks like it is full of alligators. That should add a whole new level of difficulty, of course I might learn to row faster than a 35hp Johnson.

thanks in advance,
    hNt

PS I had this post up for Florence Marina State park and didn't get an answer, so I thought I might use the lake's name. Maybe someone knows it by that name.
    Last edited by hungNtree; 01-21-2010 at 12:19 AM.
    "If we lie to the government, it's called a felony, when they lie to us, it's called politics." Bill Murray

HNT, I did just confirm there are large water lizards at the lake, but it's such a large lake I would not be overly concerned. June 5 is Alligator Day. Here's the website for the park. Give them a shout and get the info from a local.

http://www.gastateparks.org/net/go/p...D=41&s=0.0.1.5

Have fun, the lake isn't so wide there you might have some success along there. I'm guessing working boat slips would be good and there is the possibility for stripers, wipers, LMB, and all kind of warm water fish.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

Default Florence Marina

I first went into F.M around 1964 so I one time new L.Eufaula like the back o f my hand.
    The marina sets sort of in a creek so you might try your toon in there.Right outside the
    marina is the main lake and you will find there is a big bend right there.The flat across
    from the marina use to be excellent fishing(bass,crappie).Downstream and on the marina
    side is a rather steep bank which also was good also,further down is a creek(Grass Ck,I believe).
    Anyway Feb is doggone good bass and crappie month.On the far bank across the flat from the marina
    I once saw a gator grap the leg of a great blue heron--we went over to the conflict and forced the gator
    to give up the heron.The heron took off with a gash in a leg.
    The worst run in I ever had with wasp was just above the marina at a river bouy.
    I caught my first bass over 8 lbs at Eufaula in 64 in Little Barbour Ck.just about a 3/4 mile downstream from the Marina on the left side.
    Last edited by mudni; 01-21-2010 at 02:43 AM.

+ Reply to Thread