+ Reply to Thread

Thread: EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW (well almost) - Ladyfisher - January 18, 2010

Blog Entries

Default EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW (well almost) - Ladyfisher - January 18, 2010

EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW (well almost)

If you?ve been around Fly Anglers OnLine (FAOL) for a while you may already know everything you need to know - and even can find everything you need help with right here on FAOL. But if you?re new around these parts, here is a little help to get you off on the right foot and hopefully catching fish! After all, that?s the name of the game right?

Default Thank You, LadyFisher...

Thank You, LadyFisher, for 12 years of the best resource of Fly Fishing Information on the Internet.

When I joined FAOL, in October of 1997 (Week #4), I had only been involved in Fly Fishing for a a few years. I found a home, that I knew would speed up the learning curve of my ignorance.

I have faithfully read every article that has been published, every week, since the beginning.

I have had many mentors on FAOL, and now I am trying to "Pay Forward" for all the mentors on FAOL, who have passed on.

You had faith in me to be a writer and a columnist on FAOL. At the Fish-In's that I attended, I helped out wherever I could. I have been loyal to FAOL, during all these years.

Thank You for the gift of knowledge that otherwise would have been impossible to learn, without FAOL.

Steven H. McGarthwaite (aka: Parnelli)
    Chartered Member of "Friends of FAOL"

Anyone needs an article that they cannot find, contact me at parnelli@comcast.net I have spent more time in the archives than most other members of FAOL. I will find what you are searching for, but cannot locate!

Blog Entries

Don?t really know how to cast? Okay, we can fix that. The very best short explanation of the casting motion and method was done by my late husband here: http://www.flyanglersonline.com/articles/cst/cst19397.php HOW TO CAST. The very best way to use it is to print it out, take it outside with you and your rod. Follow the instructions. Just do it. It works.

I have not been bashful about admitting my casting sucks. I can use all the help I can get.

Seeing the link above looked promising.

That link is a great article on getting your rear out and helping others learn to cast, but does not tell me anything about how to cast. So... I went to the link at the bottom of the page for Castwell's archives. Found the title of the article, "How to Cast" twice but the links are broken. Then I went to the search function. Search on "Castwell how to cast", click on drop down for "Match ALL words" First 3 links go to the archives listing for JC where the article in question is listed twice with broken links. Tried the search again putting "How to Cast" in quotes since some search engines use quotes to force a search for the phrase. Got the same results as before. I went through the first ten results with no luck. I would think it should have popped up in the first ten.

I give up. Got a good link? I would really like to read that article. I am sure it is here, and I am sure it is informative and it will probably help me a great deal, but I'll be da***d if I can find it.
    Kevin

Be careful how you live. You may be the only Bible some person ever reads.

Blog Entries

Default Found it!!!!!

This is the correct link for the article titled "How To Cast". It was #18 in the search list. There was a reference to it earlier in the search results but it went to a different article.

http://www.flyanglersonline.com/articles/cst/cst092704.php
    Last edited by kbproctor; 01-19-2010 at 03:26 AM.
    Kevin

Be careful how you live. You may be the only Bible some person ever reads.

+ Reply to Thread