I just have to do it ... don't know why, but I just do!

In my fly fishing experience I've managed to close the car door on a rod tip which managed to shorten that rod length by about 6" after I did a "modification". Did it again with another rod only this time is was with a station wagon ... remember those electric rear windows that operated with the key? Just like with the car door, I just stood there and watched myself do it. Did manage to buy another end section for that rod. Then there was the case of my buying my first 9' rod (always had eights and one eight and a half footers). What did I do as I was fondling the rod ... why I stuck it up into the ceiling fan while it was on - never forget that sound ... "twang"!

So what have I done to my rod tips lately? Now in my "aging" years I manage to walk into trees rod tip first! This action causes them to break about a inch back from the very tip. So far I've done two rods. Yes, I know ... when going through brush and such I carry the rod backwards. But just like having one tree in 100 yards of riverside I'll manage to hang my best fly in the top of it; likewise there will be that only tree and now I'll manage to walk into it fly rod first!

So to add something constructive to this post, let me tell you what I discovered - just take the tip-top with that one inch of rod tip and boil it in water for about 5 minutes and the tip will come right off and then you can epoxy it back onto the remaining rod end!

DaleW.