I also made it to the show on Sunday. Missed the 295 offramp heading north from Baltimore and ended up with a wonderful tour of Philli and rural NJ. 4 hour trip vs the normal 3. Uggh!
None the less, got to meet Dotman there. Saw a few other old friends like Tim Trexlar, world class fly tyer (two golds and a silver at the world championships). He is working with Amato to get a book out on his flies. Tres cool.
Saw Mike Martinek. He and I meet up all over the world. First met him at the Chatsworth show in the UK.
Kelly Stalcup, owner of the Slide Inn in Montana was there. We've exchanged flies in the past. He's got some wonderful books out.
Another guy that I always have a blast talking to is Fishy Fullum. He does some amazing flies.
The show had a lot less in the way of tying materials. Still looking for some yellow snowshoe. Oh well, will just keep searching.
Topped my day off by getting harrassed because I put ketchup and mustard on my Nathans hot dog (some people need to get a life). And then I got to really freak out some drivers on the NJ turnpike. Yes, you guessed it, I used my turn signals.
All in all, a good day.
Frank Reid