I don't know if this is of interest to anyone on here. I don't live in Missouri, but because I work for a newspaper on the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service's email list, we received this notice today regarding Shovelnose Sturgeon there.

http://www.fws.gov/news/NewsReleases...A0DA882903F8FB

"The U. S. Fish and Wildlife Service will reopen on January 13, 2010, the public comment period for the proposal to treat the shovelnose sturgeon as a threatened species under the Endangered Species Act (Act) due to its similarity of appearance to the endangered pallid sturgeon. The Service is also reopening the comment period regarding the proposed special rule that will prohibit the harvest of any shovelnose sturgeon or shovelnose?pallid sturgeon hybrids, and their roe associated with or related to a commercial fishing activity. A public hearing will be held in Cape Girardeau, Missouri to provide an opportunity for the public to comment on the proposals."

Importantly, though, it says the regulation "is not expected to impact commercial fishing targeting non-sturgeon species, recreational or other non-commercial fishing activities."

Just FYI