+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Pimp Your Jon Boat

Video, my brother, I want VIDEO!!!!!!!!!!

A series of hookups on the right fish, would get you towed at least part of the way!!!!!

But I've been through the Canal, the waters not very pretty. But that was on a pretty "large" boat of a different color.

Well, 4 adds on craigslist, 4 phone calls and 4 strike outs.

Was it haze gray?

Yeah, what a documentary that would be...me in a jon boat being towed by sharks once in the gulf to the mouth of the Mississippi then what...buffalo fish i guess...up to Hannibal...could stop by a museum, take a look at the famous fence.

Cheers,

MontanaMoose

Yeah, haze gray. Here's a pic. http://web.mst.edu/~rogersda/umrcourses/ge342/New%20Jersey%20Panama%20Canal.jpg
    Served on her from Re-commissioning in 82 up till getting out in 85. Was there for Beirut 83-84.

Just an FYI, but Bull Sharks have been caught in the Mississippi as far up as St. Louis, MO. And I would think the NatGeo would sponsor the documentary. I'd watch it!!!

What a coincidence....or would it just be ironic that i got to stand on the wooden deck just in front of the forward gun mount when another battlewagon of the Iowa Class put into port at Long Beach CA. I gotta tell ya, there was a whole lot of emotions seeping out of those old planks.

Also saw the New Jersey off some palm tree lined coasts a bunch of times.

Bull Sharks eh....tow me to St. Louis, MO...yeah, i just bet NatGeo would buy into that for a couple of bucks. Wow.

Thanks for your service BK.

Sorry for the major hijack Joe, but the pic of the New Jersey was sure a site for sore eyes.

Cheers,

MontanaMoose
    Last edited by MontanaMoose; 04-30-2010 at 04:25 PM.

No doubt, MM, she was a grand lady. And I got to walk all over the Missouri when she was in Long Beach for her refitting.

My apologies too, Joe. I've got a couple more lines on Jon Boats to run down. When I score, I'll need Joes help in getting her ready. I've got a few ideas I want to try.

All this talk about re-doin' small boats...
    try this site out fer size;

http://www.myjonboat.com/

my 2 cents worth

+ Reply to Thread