+ Reply to Thread

Thread: SUBSTITUTE FOR STICK-ON EYES - Readers Cast (gigmaster) - January 11, 2010

Hybrid View

Blog Entries

Default SUBSTITUTE FOR STICK-ON EYES - Readers Cast (gigmaster) - January 11, 2010

SUBSTITUTE FOR STICK-ON EYES

I?ve written many times before about growing up in a less-than-affluent home and having to find work-arounds for things we couldn?t afford. It wasn?t really a bad thing, because, I, and most of my peers, developed a habit of being resourceful, and inventive, when times required it. And it still serves us well in our adulthood.

WOW! Now that is a fantastic idea! That is one of those ideas that when you hear or read about, you hit yourself in the head and say, "Why didn't I think of that!" I will use this idea. What I have been using is making my eyes out of fabric paint which comes in small squeeze tubes. This "idea" will speed up the process and will be so much easier!

Thanks for sharing.....
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

When my son was little, we would end up with a lot of 'stickers',
    Kids seem to love them and they came with everything. I still have a ton of them.
    Many of these 'stickers' were the same metallic, reflective material as the stick-on-eyes and after the 'sticker' was removed, there was plenty of leftover background, that is if the sticker even got used at all.

...... I don't think I've ever bought stick-on-eyes
    The simpler the outfit, the more skill it takes to manage it, and the more pleasure one gets in his achievements.
    --- Horace Kephart

Lead tape will work too. Soft enough to punch and holds paint well, sticky on the back.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

thats a great idea gigmaster...thanks

+ Reply to Thread