A wife is a wife you take for life (at least one hopes so). An affair is there without a care, or so it seems to me.
A relationship with a flyrod is more like a love affair. Some are short and sweet, some last for a long time and others you leave and come back to.

There are rods I have owned that I loved for short periods of time, but quickly grew tired of them. They were too fast or too slow for me, not the right weight or length.

Others I have owned and let sit in my house, to be taken out from time to time. I enjoy them, but then return them to their resting place in favor of a newer love.

I have rods that are my work horses. They are not favorites, but they have their place and when the situation arises they are the ones I bring out.

I have/had a Gatti. I really liked it, but its time has come and I am passing it on to make room for new loves. It, or one like it will come back into my life, but for now it has to go.

I am making a bamboo rod. I love the potential of bamboo. I don't know if I will fall in love with my bamboo mistress for a brief fling, for occaisional outings or for a more regular relationship. Time will tell.

What I most like is the fact that my "love life" is never boring. Their is always at least one hot and heavy romance, something else going on in the background and a new adventure on the horizon.

Best of all, when the day is done, I can go back to my true love, my wife and tell her about the affairs of the day and there will be no recriminations or jealousy.

How's your love life?

jed