+ Reply to Thread

Thread: # 1 - ready to go

Default # 1 - ready to go

Well .... nearly 4 years of piddlin about - and I finally have a fishable hex bamboo (some assembly required) ... but it's ready to go .........

Garrison 212E taper, 8ft 6wt, (# 001).

Dimensionally, I pooched it somewhere .... but - did it consistantly. Instead of a 6wt, it's closer to a 7wt by the stress curve. So ... off to the dwg board to see where I fouled up.

In the mean time - Garrison 212E # 002 is in the works (a blonde this time).

Oooooh it feels good for all the pieces, learning and work to come together.

Darrell,

Thumbs up

darrell -

Congratulations on building your first bamboo blank. That is quite an impressive accomplishment, regardless how long you piddled with it.

Looking forward to seeing how you build it out, and maybe some fish pics with it not too far down the road ??

John
    Last edited by JohnScott; 01-07-2010 at 02:13 PM.
    The fish are always right.

Way to go Darrell. I am sure you are going to love it. Don't worry about it coming out a 7. That just means you can go after bigger fishies.

I too am waiting for pictures.

Shaky
    Shaky;

thanks guys - pics will be coming (need to practice on wrpping first) .......

figgured out my dimensional problem .... planed a number of short test strips to check out the consistency - yup - still consistently off ..... after enlarging the solar panel on my cranial meteor, it turns out the 60 degree tip on my depth gauge has a convex curve in it, so it's sitting high in the plane form. Need to take it in to our tool & gauge guys to get fixed.

# 002 on hold (live and learn)

(and yoikes ... my fly box is paralyzed ..... short on a number of fronts. And there's only 4 more months until this hardwater stuff disappears ................)

+ Reply to Thread