I don't know when this was a "new" fly, but I found it in July '09 and fished it until the cold weather hit. All I can say is tie a couple of these and carry them with you. If you see SM busting minnows, usually later in the season, tie it on as fast as you can. I barely fished another fly from the beginning of September to the end. Sunrise to ten and the last few hours of light seem to be the best time. One morning in September, it was just one of those perfect overcast days where it stays dawn-like all day. I worked about 1/4 mile of river back and forth until my arm fell off catching fish after fish with this fly.

I cast it across the current and it floats when it lands and for the first few strips. Then it goes just subsurface for the remainder of the retrieve. I give it continuous short strips and it sort of "walks the dog" like a Spook.

The size 10 hook is great, but I have even gone to a 1/0 Gamagatszu B10S and tied a fly 6" long and the fish keep hitting it. Even the big ones cast well on my 6wt. I tie them in all white, the gray over white version, and an all chartreuse version. I use EP fibers instead of the White Ice Fur, because I had it laying around. The eyes fell off after a few fish and it didn't seem to matter. I just leave them off now.

I want to try them on LM this year, but I will never go to a river without a few of these.

http://www.tightlinesflyshop.com/?p=178