Two reasons, USA made and once you know you're going to like wading and stick with the sport, you'll get breathables anyway, secondly, you might like the neo's with thin capilene underwear for cold, read 34 degree water temps. I have had little luck with breathables not leaking, some right out of the box. Three pair now and one pair was $325. Seams leak, sometimes right away. You might not get much of a warranty at $54 for the Caddis, but since you'll be getting breathables anyway, who cares.

Some will say their breathables don't leak and i'm glad, but of three pair (got new ones on the way too, same maker, why? warranty is the best) of breathables, they leaked either right away or shortly after their first use. I like 'em though and in warmer weather i don't care if they leak...in fact i have been known to let some water over the tops when it's really hot down in some canyon or other. My neo's have a pinhole around the right foot but then they're 18 years old. Looking to get new ones if i can't get the current ones to seal up again...easy task too...a dab of aquaseal works pretty much everytime. Ok, there's my dollar 3 eighty... !

Cheers,

MontanaMoose

P.S. Don't forget that
in warmer weather and
or water temps, you may
wet wade like a lot of us
do.