+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: New Mexico ? 2010 ? La Gran Trucha!

ah-HA! I recognize one of those pictures! )
    How do you like your new Allen reel?
    David Merical
    St. Louis, MO

I love the reel! It is the alpha 5-7.

I use it on everything, even my 3wt lol! I am seriuosly considering getting on of their rods as well...
    The sport is so royal that there is neither gentle nor villein, if it knew of it and loved it well, who would not be more honoured for that reason by all who understand it.

Well, I will be hitting the Rio Grande again this weekend. We went last weekend strictly for Pike. Only one fish was caught between three people so I am hoping this trip will be more productive. I just got my good laptop up and running so hopefully I can get some good video footage up here soon.

The sport is so royal that there is neither gentle nor villein, if it knew of it and loved it well, who would not be more honoured for that reason by all who understand it.

Well, the time is creeping near. If all goes as planned I should be on the San Juan over Christmas weekend. That is the report that started this thread and it will complete an entire year. Although I have not listed every outing in this thread there was basically one every week of the year.

I think I have talked the old man into coming along this time. he was there last time but he backed out when he got out of the Airstream and noticed a fresh 5" of snow on the ground LOL! Well, the water is always the same temp so it didn't matter much. This year should be a lot warmer. The temps are supposed to be in the mid to high 40's and I am sure whatever snow might be on the ground next week will be gone by the time we get there.

So here is to hoping it works out well. I hope everyone enjoys there end of the year roundup.

Merry Christmas!

These are some photos from the San Juan Christmas trip to wrap this thread up.

Thanks for looking!

Hope you enjoyed it or at least got an idea of what is possible in New Mexico for fly fishing...

Looks like a good way to wrap up the year. Nice piggies!

Thanks! Can;t wait to go back.

Although I am growing very fond of the Rio Chama which is where I will be this weekend. Well, there on Sunday and the Pecos on Saturday...

+ Reply to Thread