So yesterday my 4 year old son asked me if he could go fishing with me. I was pretty happy because up until now he has not expressed an interest in going with me. This worked out perfectly as I started my 4 day weekend today.
I decided for his first trip to take him to a local pond. It was close to home so if he didn?t stay interested we would have a short drive home.
It was pretty windy and cloudy when we reached the pond. I setup my SPL with a little copper john for some bluegill action.

Despite the wind I had no issues casting the little 0wt where I wanted. It did not take very long before the first gill came out to play. I set the hook, and then I handed the rod to my son and helped him bring the fish in. He was so excited when the first fish was landed.

We went right back to fishing catching lots of little gills. In between fish my son entertained himself by throwing rocks and such into the water.

After a couple of hours it was time to go. On the way out he said that he had so much fun. He also asked when he could go again. I told him that I was very proud that he acted like a good boy the whole time we were there. I think I might see how he does on one of the local creeks on our next trip. This was the best fishing trip I have had in a while. Hope you enjoyed this short report.