To clarify, and settle Gigmaster down (Sorru Gig I had to get a Dig)

I am a 20 year veteran of the sport. What I am NOT is a teacher. In this regard I have to rely on my astute collegues in the venture to do help out. I have lined up a Conservation Officer, a Fisheries Biologist, a husband and wife that have been fly fishing together for 50 years, to name a few.

I am there to tech the techniques of knot tying, fly tying and casting. I would not claim to be an expert in any of those fields but would consider myself qualified.

My point to asking the question "What is Fly Fishing" was to get some ideas other than my own as to what makes the sport great. Like it has been said it is many things to many people and very dear to our hearts.

How about I tell you what it is to me.
It is my passion, my escape from the daily grind, excercise, social time with good friends, or quiet time by myself. It has taught me to be patient, to appreciate the importance of protecting our environment, the comraderey enjoyed getting involved with people with the same interests, and to speak up when something is wrong.

The aim of the class is to try to get a few women involved locally in fly fishing. If mothers do it, sons and daughters will do it.

If we can impress only 1 person to the point where they actually do start fishing regularly, it will be mission accomplished.

I digress,

Steve