"Recreational fly fishers are not competitive fly fishers. Therefore, we are not bound by competitive rules and recreational fishers can borrow techniques from both methods to develop a hybrid technique that best addresses the situation at hand.

Silver"

Silver,

As someone who has fished in the USA National Championships (trying to make it onto Fly Fishing Team USA), I was captain of the Rocky Mountain Team #1, I?ve Fished competitively against European teams and seen their techniques and flies up close, I learned the Polish Nymphing technique first hand from Valdi himself....So I speak as a person with intimate knowledge on the subject. All I can say is that you are spot on with your info.

Regarding the Polish Nymphing technique (euro-nymphing). A lot of folks just believe that it is high-sticking...but there are some subtle things only learned on the water that make a huge difference. The correlation and placement of weighted flies, the drift, the type of water fished, the speed of the drift, the leaders, etc, all play apart in the systems success. Anyone can play around with it and catch a fish or two, someone that knows a little can catch 6-7 fish, and someone that really understands it can come behind both of them and catch 10-12 fish on the water they just fished.

You gave a great response, description, and explanation in your posts above.....but I think you really summed it up with your quote I posted above.

Well Done Sir!

Have a great day,
John G.