Sully -

From the date on your profile, you are pretty new here. So am I, as far as that goes.

But it should be obvious to anyone who reads the Bulletin Board regularly, particularly the "Sound Off" Forum, the descriptions originally ( or last ) given to the suggested content of the Forum have been loosely applied, at worst, or not at all, at best. The exception being reasonably consistent and effective monitoring of political, religious, and war themes and flaming.

If you just scroll down the first page, or the eighth page, or the twentieth page of the Sound Off Forum and read the titles, you will be hard put to find more than a few obviously fly fishing related threads on any page. The point is - long before you joined, and long before I joined, it became acceptable to post just about anything on the Sound Off Forum. Maybe it could be renamed "The Family" Forum, because that is largely what it is, as I see it.

Also - that thing about "Fly Anglers On Line". The site is for fly anglers on line. Not just Fly Angling on line. Best I can tell, virtually everyone who posts on the BB regularly is or has been or wants to become a fly angler, including those whose circumstances no longer permit them to be out fly angling. So if PEOPLE want to discuss some things other than fly angling, it seems we could be gracious and permit them to do so without raising the roof about it.

So why don't we just relax a bit and let folks start discussions that have been traditionally approved here, long before you and I became members of the BB, pay attention and join in on those we enjoy, and ignore those that are of no interest to us ??

John