This section seems to be a 'catch-all'...

You'll see folks discussing their health, family problems, happy occasions, sometimes other sports, date related things (holidays, etc.), food issues, and 'news' items.

Little of that 'fits' the 'description' of what is 'supposed' to be posted here.

But, this place is like a family home more than a strictly fly fishing site now to lots of people. To many of us, the people who post here have become friends and, in many instances, people we care about beyond the realm of fishing.

What you see here in the 'sound off' forum is where some of that type of interaction occurs. That it is allowed within reasonable limits just points out the quality of the moderators involved. They could easily justify deleting most of these posts.

As has been pointed out previously, if you don't want to read such posts, just don't read them.

If what you are 'objecting' to is that you spent a few seconds opening a thread and then found out that it wasn't a 'fishing' thread....think about that for a moment.

If it's that the 'description' doesn't match the 'content' as listed...well now you know...If you feel somehow 'cheated' by this, I'll happily personally send you back the money you spent to sign up .

Buddy

p.s; I'm not a 'moderator', but I do appreciate the job they have to do here.