.... a couple bones this year.

Climbing back up to the road from the Lochsa River, I got onto some seriously tilted terrain and hit a patch of very loose, coarse sand. Not good footing. Whereas on starting to slip I would normally just lean into the bank and expect to slide a bit, for some reason I decided to reach for some vegetation to catch my balance. Don't really know what happened next, except that I was going over backwards, rolling over, sliding, bouncing off downed tree limbs and some rocks, and coming to rest about ten feet below where my fall started - prone, and a bit bloodied, but not broken.

Well, not much broken, anyway. Within a week it was pretty clear that at least one bone in my right hand ( pinky area ) was broken. Probably two. Four months later, I have occasional pain in that area when gripping tightly or in certain ways. Not a problem, just a bit annoying. ( And a reminder of an absolutely beautiful trout stream and several good days fishing there !! )

Considering some of the terrain I covered this year getting to and from some very interesting fishing places and some of the water I waded ( without a wading staff, of course ), I figure I did pretty well.

So how did you all do ??

John