Christmas is supposed to be a happy time of year. My day was going great, we opened presents and played with the kids. The kids got lots of stuff from Santa and were eager to play with their toys. As the day went on we settled down and had Christmas dinner. Once the kids were in bed we sat down and decompressed for a while.

I was sitting on the couch watching TV when the call came. I heard my wife answer the phone and say ?hold on I will get him.? On the other end was my cousin, he informed me that our grandmother had just passed away. He said that he was on his way to go say his goodbyes before they took her. I said that I would meet him there.

I was very close with my grandmother and this has been pretty hard for me, the next day was pretty much a blur. My wife said to me why don?t you get out and go fish and clear your head. I said that I did not feel like going but I might go on Sunday if I can find someone to go with me. I did end up finding someone that could go so I headed out the following morning.

The day was cold and the air was crisp. There was snow all over the place, it was kind of neat seeing the bald eagles and wild turkeys as well. I stopped to take a picture of an eagle that was very close in a tree. However by the time I got the camera out and turned on he had flown away.

It was not long after we made it to the first spot of the day. We got out, got our gear set up and hit the water. On my first cast I got a hit, I set the hook and it was fish on. As the fish got closer I noticed that it was not a trout. Yes my first fish of the day was a whitefish.

I caught quite a few whitefish during the course of the early morning. Just when I was beginning to think that we should mover I got another hit. This time the fight was quite different than I had been experiencing with the whitefish. As the fish got closer my suspensions were confirmed. It was the first rainbow of the day. I landed the fish and sent him on his way.

After that Jeremy suggested that we check out some other runs. We got back in the car and went to our next spot. This spot was not productive for either of us so after a while we decided to move again. We decided to go check out the first run again.

We got back to the run and resumed fishing. I quickly hooked another fish, however it was another whitefish. I decided to take a pic of this one just for the heck of it. I noticed that the whitefish were keying in on a particular fly so I decided to remove that fly. This turned out to be a good decision.

During that time until we decided to leave I only caught bows. Overall it was a pretty good trip, I was able to get out and get my head clear and the fishing was not that bad either. Here are some more photos, hope you enjoy.

continued..........