I am the lucky recipient of the Montana Mongoose that Buddy modified. He cut a 4" round piece out of a plastic kitchen cutting board and mounted it on the vise. It needed to be that big to counter balance the weight of the vise head and jaws. Then he put a handle on it that is on a spindle....so it turns freely. Just like he said. It can be rotated either direction just exackery like a fly reel. Then he drilled a hole opposite the handle....through the disk. You can stick your finger in the hole and spin the vise as well. Wonderful creation and thank you so very much Mr. Buddy Sanders. It's PERFECT. I also like the size of the wheel...because without looking for the handle....while staring at the fly...I can reach up and just grasp the whole wheel and turn a bit one way or the other to look at the fly and or apply head cement. NICE>

For setting the hook shank to rotate in the same horizontal plane....it MUST be on the same horizontal plane as the center of the rotation mount on the shaft. If the shank is in the same plane as the center of the head mount at the support shaft...it will turn in the same plane.

I am outta state. When I get home I may find time to post a pic of the vise Buddy modified. Only way to fly IMHO>

Jim