+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Still snowing ...

Hybrid View

Default Still snowing ...

but feel better by checking the Rapid City Journal web site. There's a glitch in their system right now, and the temp is showing 113 degrees! Of course Deadwood is under a few feet of snow at the same time!
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

Default Snow To Rain

Hi Betty: All of the snow we've received the past several days is melting. The air warmed and now we're getting a lot of rain.
    Bruce

nighthawk Guest

Quote Originally Posted by lastchance View Post
    Hi Betty: All of the snow we've received the past several days is melting. The air warmed and now we're getting a lot of rain.
    Bruce
    Yeah it ruined my flintlock hunting plans for today too! I will be out there Monday though.

Red face Our turn ...

From the local weather office here

Time to make some coffee and snuggle up for the evening.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Snowfall Warning : Trois-Rivieres area
    Issued at 3:31 PM EST Saturday 26 December 2009

Summary
    Snow accumulations of to 20 centimetres are expected in these areas tonight and Sunday.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Freezing Rain Warning : Trois-Rivieres area
    Issued at 3:31 PM EST Saturday 26 December 2009

Summary
    Between 2 and 10 mm of freezing rain are expected by Sunday morning.
    Christopher Chin

Sorry to hear its cold for you guys! I spent yesterday on the Kawhia Harbour fishing for Snapper and had a ball, the sun was shining, a gentle westerly breeze and temps up around the 27c, plenty of sun screen and lots of fish! mmm snapper for tea tonight.
    Not fly fishing, the strong ripping currents on the Kawhia mean sinkers of up to 28oz, kind of hard to get down with a fly line!!
    All the best.
    Mike.

Cruel .... absolutely cruel.
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Betty Hiner View Post
    Cruel .... absolutely cruel.
    I agree, Betty, but his winter is coming. We can retaliate then.
    Kevin

Be careful how you live. You may be the only Bible some person ever reads.

Wink Hmmmm ...

Cruel is a nice word!

It took me over an hour to dig out the cars this morning ... such is life in a Nordic region.

Maybe Ron can ban him!!
    Christopher Chin

nighthawk Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Thomas View Post
    Sorry to hear its cold for you guys! I spent yesterday on the Kawhia Harbour fishing for Snapper and had a ball, the sun was shining, a gentle westerly breeze and temps up around the 27c, plenty of sun screen and lots of fish! mmm snapper for tea tonight.
    Not fly fishing, the strong ripping currents on the Kawhia mean sinkers of up to 28oz, kind of hard to get down with a fly line!!
    All the best.
    Mike.
    I am not sorry. I hated living in the land where there is little or no change of seasons. I actually like the cold and snow. We have plenty of heritage and special regulation trout waters open year round in addition to a lot of ice fishing opportunities.

Winter also presents some really unique and challenging opportunities for the outdoor photographer that cannot be found in regions that lack snowfall. I feel sorry for those who have never seen the beauty of a snowmobile ride on a clear, frosty winter night through pine trees draped with snow and across the frozen fields.

That is something I have enjoyed about living in North Georgia, we have 4 seasons but don't frequently get very extreme with any of them. Usually doesn't top 95 in the summer nor do I remember a below 0 in the winter since I moved here in '91. I know both happen from time to time.

I am also glad there are lots of you who like snow and cold and don't want to move south. You are always welcome to come visit and I hope I will be welcomed in the PA woods in the summer. I thank God for the people who settled Minnesota, Wisconsin, the Dakotas because I would hate to see it go to waste.

My wife's cousin was a security platoon sargeant in the USAF. They promised him a permanent party assignment in Hawaii if he would take a year in the Aleutins. He did the year and they transferred him to Minot, ND. He didn't reup after 12 years.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

+ Reply to Thread