Thread: It's Not About the Gifts, but...

Threaded View

Default It's Not About the Gifts, but...

Any particular Christmas gift or gifts that stand out for you this year? I know it's not about the gifts, but many of us receive something so unexpected that you just want to jump up and down screaming like a little kid. Did this happen to you? It did to me this year. My fishing buddy, Buzz tracked down a brand new copy of LaFontaine's book Caddisflies, now I've wanted this book for years, but just couldn't find it or was hesitant to pay the new cost. Here it shows up under my tree on Christmas morning, wow! On top of that, due to my ankle problems it became evident that I would need a new pair of wading boots, so the dear wife gets me a pair of Simms Guide Boots with the new Vibram soles, double wow!(First time I ever owned the newest and the best when they were still the newest and the best - I usually end up buying the closeouts because it's all I can afford). I was looking at the new Bugatti reels from Albright, but ended up spending the cash I had for some home necessities and missed the sale. Wouldn't you know it, a new Bugatti 3/4 reel from my two boys, triple wow!
    Now I've just got to heal up from the surgeries and hope to get out on the water by March or so and try out the new gear, in the meantime I have a great new book to devour.

What surprised you this year?

The best gift I got was being able to have all of us home for the holidays.

Kelly.
    Last edited by kglissmeyer; 12-26-2009 at 03:51 PM.
    Tight Lines,

Kelly.

"There will be days when the fishing is better than one's most optimistic forecast, others when it is far worse. Either is a gain over just staying home."

Roderick Haig-Brown, "Fisherman's Spring"