I was driving to work this morning and got to thinking about how much time I spend thinking about fly fishing, tying and FAOL and came up with a few thoughts. (Obviously I was a very productive employee this morning. )

In no particular order.

1. You might be an FAOLer if you think the stock market is the place your state government buys stocker trout at.

2. You might be an FAOLer if you have ever went to the local pet shop and bought shampoo and vitamins to make your pets hair grow back faster, so you can use the hair for fly tying materials.

3. You might be an FAOLer if your "posts per day" is greater than your vehicle's miles per gallon.

4. You might be an FAOLer if you have ever played solitaire on your computer after making a post. Just to kill time while waiting on a response.

5. You might be an FAOLer if your spouse has to send you a PM to let you know dinner is ready.

6. You might be an FAOLer if you keep a loaded shotgun in your vehicle to run off buzzards, coyotes and vultures from road kill, that you think you might be able to use for tying the fly of the week.

7. You might be an FAOLer if you have ever used the excuse "a deer ran out in front of me" to explain why you ran off the road and wrecked, when you were really trying to see if there was any fish rising in the river beside the road.

8. You might be an FAOLer if you if at the above wreck you pulled out your fishing license and trout stamp when the police officer asked to see your license.

9. You might be an FAOLer if your idea of a romantic dinner with your spouse is eating a sandwich in the glow of your compter screen (instead of candles) while checking out the fly of the week.

10. You might be an FAOLer if you have scheduled a family vacation in the immediate vicinity of a Fish-in. (by complete accident as far as your family knows, but we know better)

I suspect we are all guilty of at least a few of these, I know I am.