+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: To everyone who got fly tying kit for Chistmass

Hybrid View

Default To everyone who got fly tying kit for Chistmass

Don't open it. Doing so will lead to financial disaster and domestic discord. You will max out your credit cards on exotic feathers and hair from nearly extinct animals. If you do not offend your spouse and children by ignoring them entirely to produce more flies than you can ever use you will terrify them when you approach with a pair of scissors and a mad gleam in your eyes. Even your faithful dog will abandon you in his shame at being exposed naked to the world from repeated shearings. As you reach the final stages of this addiction your beard will have great ragged chunks cut out to to ties streamers for the saltwater box you have never used. If you already opened it WELLCOME TO THE MADHOUSE!
    I can think of few acts more selfish than refusing a vaccination.

Thanks for the tip.
    Life is expensive... but it does include a free trip around the sun.
    Mottled Fly Fisher - My Fishing Blog

And after a short while you will start eyeballing every dead animal on the side of the road and wondering how long it has been there. You might even start carrying heavy scissor so you can jump out and collect a squirrel tail from time to time. Your teenager daughter will be particularly embarrassed.

Then you will get bright ideas on new things to try only to find out one of the old guys on FAOL did that years ago. Welcome to the club, those first ugly flies you tie are not nearly as ugly as the first one's I tied, I'll bet you a cup of coffee on that one.

Enjoy, it's as close to art as some of us ever get, just remember some of the stuff Picasso drew and he was consider a master artist.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

Default Now You Tell Me

Where were you all about 25 years ago. I'll never shake the addiction, but I guess there are worse ways to go.
    Bruce

Talking

Last year at this time, my brother had given me a fly rod that he had tried and then gave up. In complete ignorance I asked this board how to spend a $100 Santa Claus always manages to send me this time of year. I then started recieving flies, fly boxes, tippets, leaders and even 5wt double taper fly line and backing in the mail. Which left the 100 bucks for a vest and waders. Then in March I had my last (I hope) knee surgery and received a vise, tools and all kinds of feathers and dubbing in the mail so I'd have something to do while I was laid up. Now I own all of the above several videos, wading staff and an ODC Classic. And Santa brought me a computer desk today for my fly tying stuff which I am going to place where ever my wife lets me. None of which would have happened if my little brother could have gotten that fly rod to work, or if it wasn't for the members of FAOL. I want to tell him and all of you thank you. My wife probably has a few other words she'd like to tell you. But its a family site so I won't try to guess what they are.

hNt
    "If we lie to the government, it's called a felony, when they lie to us, it's called politics." Bill Murray

hung Ntree you need to get revenge on you brother. Teach him how to cast and sit back to watch the fun.
    I can think of few acts more selfish than refusing a vaccination.

Bob,
    My dear wife enabled my addiction by giving me a nice oak fly tying desk for Christmas. Now I can ty in my own little corner of the world. Guess I will have to start looking the roda kill over as well. I am new to the forum and look forward to conversations with those who love feathers and thread.
    Merry Christmas

rainbowchaser!!
    hungNtree really has me to blame!!

Blog Entries

The way this group operates, there is plenty of blame to go around.
    Kevin

Be careful how you live. You may be the only Bible some person ever reads.

Rev. Dan welcome to the loony bin! I mean FAOL.

Jack's right there, my first fly fishing trip was with him. I caught 5 rainbow! I had the first hooked for afew minutes but that duck river bow hooked me for life!!
    "If we lie to the government, it's called a felony, when they lie to us, it's called politics." Bill Murray

+ Reply to Thread