+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Good Thoughts and Prayers Please

Exclamation Good Thoughts and Prayers Please

Lets send our cards and letters of support for the Majors Family and the Salvation Army to:

The Salvation Army National Headquarters
    615 Slaters Lane
    P.O. Box 269
    Alexandria, VA 22313

With a heavy heart I hereby transmit this report:

Salvation Army Major Fatally Shot in Front of His Children
    Friday, December 25, 2009
    Courtesy of Fox16

Philip Wise
    Arkansas police are searching for two men who shot and killed a Salvation Army major Christmas Eve outside the organization?s community center in North Little Rock as his three young children looked on.

Pulaski County Coroner Garland Camper said two men accosted Philip Wise and his children ? ages, 4, 6 and 8 ? about 4 p.m. Thursday. He says one man pulled a gun, demanded money and then shot Wise.

Wise's wife, Cindy, also a major in the Salvation Army, was inside the center and called 911.

North Little Rock Police Sgt. Terry Kuykendall calls the shooting a tragedy for the community. Wise had worked in the neighborhood for years, helping run youth programs, a food pantry and church services.

According to Arkansas Online, the 40-year-old father has been a member of the charitable organization for 16 years

Friends and colleagues mourned Wise's death, describing him as an all-around good guy and a big teddy bear who loved sports.
    Last edited by Steve Molcsan; 12-28-2009 at 02:42 AM.

nighthawk Guest

This is heart breaking for those kids and his wife! On Christmas too no less! Prayers are going out to them. I hope our officers get a chance to deliver justice when they catch up to these thugs. These types have a tendency to do themselves in and I hope our police get them alive.

We will have to wait until the next life for the shooter to get true justice; as for the Salvation Army Major he undoubtedly is already receiving the grace of his savior. I hope and pray the children are not traumatized for life after witnessing this terrible event.

I will be surprised if drugs are not involved at some level.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

Unfortunately the perps may repent before the "next life" and be spared their due. I'd rather kick em in the teeth now. And then, put " one in their ear" ( thanks for the thought, Sully)

Mark
    Last edited by Marco; 12-26-2009 at 07:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Unfortunately the perps may repent before the "next life" and be spared their due. I'd rather kick em in the teeth now.

Mark
    If I had my way...I'd put "one in their ear" instead of a kick in the teeth

That's absolutely terrible to hear. Things like this really make you wonder how some people can do the things they do. My prayers for his kids&wife, as well as a prayer that they catch these scum and deal hard & swift justice to them.

Steve

The Lord want's us to love our enemies and pray for them. But, this kind of thing make it really hard. For now I'll pray for the Major's family. So sad.
    Where you go is less important than how you take the steps.
    Fish with a Friend,
    Lotech Joe

+ Reply to Thread