+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Oasis "bench"..?

Hybrid View

Default Oasis "bench"..?

Anyone use anything such as this in their tying? If so what do you think of them??

I sure do tie on an Oasis Bench. I won it right here on FAOL when I was a very new tyer. It's fantastic, customer support is outstanding to say the least, and I love that I can have my tools close at hand yet not in the way. I use the Giraffe light with mine since it has a built-in mount for one and also like that. I also use an Oasis dispenser for wire which I'm not in love with. Nothing's wrong with it but it's not exactly my style of using wire. I've also got the Oasis spinner for holding all sorts of flash and it's really excellent for that purpose. The bench is well made and hasn't given me a minute of trouble since I got it. If something happened to this one, I'd buy one for myself in a heartbeat.

Peace,
    Diane

Thanks much for the info Diane! Merry Xmas to you also

I have the model that is in the second photo. I have found it to be a wonderful system for keeping my ready tools, wax, glues, thread, and some materials handy and somewhat organized. I do not clamp my vise to the bench. The handles on each side make it easy to pick up and relocate. Though my Oasis has been on the same spot on my tying desk for about three years now, I used to move it quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by tailingloop View Post
    I have the model that is in the second photo. I have found it to be a wonderful system for keeping my ready tools, wax, glues, thread, and some materials handy and somewhat organized. I do not clamp my vise to the bench. The handles on each side make it easy to pick up and relocate. Though my Oasis has been on the same spot on my tying desk for about three years now, I used to move it quite a bit.
    Im going to get one of the models ( ?????) right after the first of the year. They seem kinda high priced...but then again what isnt anymore. Thanks for the input and Merry Xmas to you and yours

They are pricey, however they are very well made. Much more so than any others I have seen. Merry Christmas.

Ive built and sold many tying benchs like the Oasis---if you tie at a table and then pick up the bench when through tiying and put it away on a shelf till the next time it is great. If you leave everthing out on a table day after day then a $18 foam tool holder is just as good. Even better because your not confined to a 12 x 12 area. I sell many more tool holders that hang on the tying vise vert shaft. BILL
    Last edited by William Fitzgerald; 12-28-2009 at 01:09 AM.

I was looking at the second tying bench about a year ago, did quite bit of research on different tying benches and always went back to this one. Like everyone says pricey but very well built.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Popperfly>-<(((((*>
    Born to Fish...Forced to Work !

Blog Entries

Sully,
    I have one similar to the one in your last post. I made it myself, so it is not as nice, though. It is very handy and helps me keep my stuff organized. After using it for awhile my hands know where everything is.

+ Reply to Thread