A little over a year ago I was bitten by the guitar bug. I had lived on this Earth over 53 years and had never plunked a string, but the wife and I decided to look into acquiring two guitars and taking lessons.

I was advised by a good friend to look at the Blueridge guitars. He had a BR-60 that really sounded good. I found a good deal on a BR-160, and bought it. After nearly a year playing it, the sound is getting better all the time (both the guitar is "growing up" and I am actually learning to play it better!). A week or so after buying the Blueridge, the wife and I found a really nice used Taylor Big Baby in Nashville. It fit her perfectly, and sounds great as well!

We started taking lessons from a fellow named Dan Knowles of Paris, TN in January, 2009. He is a many-time Old Time Banjo Tennessee State Champion, performer, and a well-known luthier. He has his own band, The Hot Band, who perform all around this region. He's also about the best guitar instructor a person could ever desire.

The wife and I feel we have learned a great deal in this past year from Dan; of course, one never can learn everything about playing guitar. But we are able to play some basic chord patterns in a number of songs and are having a grand time doing it.