+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My meager salute to Bob Howard

Default My meager salute to Bob Howard

Full Bird Colonel Bob Howard served several tours in Viet Nam. He earned the Medal Of Honor. He earned (I think) 9 Purple Hearts. He served the United States for 54 years with one boss, the President. He is known as the most decorated American veteran in modern history. He was dedicated to American freedom and served loyally since he was 16 years old.
    He died today at age 70. I haven't saluted anyone in earnest since 1969 when I left the Army. So now my stiff right hand goes to my brow in respect, honor & gratitude. Thank you Colonel Howard.
    Where you go is less important than how you take the steps.
    Fish with a Friend,
    Lotech Joe

Thank you Bob Howard. R.I.P.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lotech View Post
    Full Bird Colonel Bob Howard served several tours in Viet Nam. He earned the Medal Of Honor. He earned (I think) 9 Purple Hearts. He served the United States for 54 years with one boss, the President. He is known as the most decorated American veteran in modern history. He was dedicated to American freedom and served loyally since he was 16 years old.
    He died today at age 70. I haven't saluted anyone in earnest since 1969 when I left the Army. So now my stiff right hand goes to my brow in respect, honor & gratitude. Thank you Colonel Howard.
    Now that is a true modern day hero!!!

God Bless him..
    As in the Army, I have never had a bad day Fly fishing, some damn uncomfortable days but never a bad one!
    Everyone must believe in something and I believe in Fly Fishing and Fly Tying and believe I will
    Member of Project Healing Waters & Fly Fishing Canada, Project Healing Waters Canada

I am honored to stand and salute the Colonel right beside you Joe!

My prayers tonight will be with this American Hero.

Rocky

Blog Entries

I salute ye, Colonel. Seventy is much too young.
    Steve

Thank you for your service, Sir. May you rest in peace. You earned it.

Col.Howard left Way to early.
    Save the Rest of Us a seat at "Fiddler's Green"
    Our Prayers will go to His Family Here.

I salute the man & pray for those he left behind.
    Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

Although I had previously never heard of Col. Howard I know the USA has been blessed by having him and his kind serve their country. I causes me concern for our future and the effect the national broadcasting systems have on our country that I have not heard one mention of a true American hero. This compares poorly to the days of coverage entertainers and sport stars received when they die. The major networks should all be preparing documentary on such a person, wounded 9 times! I would guess these were not minor injuries which were documented so he could get out of the country.

May God bless Col. Howard and his family.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

+ Reply to Thread