I have the wonderful opportunity of running a Thrift Store/Training Center where we use the Thrift Store operation to train individuals in job skills and self-reliance. It's a wonderful and rewarding career. But, there is a bonus for me as a flyfisher and fly-tyer as I find a lot of cool stuff that is very useful in my flyfishing and tying activities. The down side is that I never get first pick as the items must be processed, priced and on the sale's floor in order for me to purchase them, nevertheless, I have come up with some incredible bargains over my 11 years.

-Force Fins, 2 pair - in my size even! One pair was $7 and the other $3.
-2 European coffee grinders that I use for dubbing blending - $3 bucks each.
-An Ott Light, fly-tying light that I use all the time and works especially well when I tie at expos or shows, etc. Very portable. $3 bucks.
-A magnifier/light combo on an extendible/adjustable arm. $5 bucks.
-Several PFD's for when I'm on the lake in my pontoon, as required by law. Usually from $2 to @5 bucks.
-2 folding seats for pontoon boats, one was a swivel model. $10 and $15.
-1 pontoon boat frame - no pontoons, w/seat, oars and oarlocks. $20 bucks.
-I can't number the number and amount of fly tying materials I have found, but it is a lot.
-Also, I have a great collection of flyfishing theme shirts, fishing shirts and pants and jackets, base layer clothing , hats, etc. Many top-line brands such as LL Bean, Patagonia, Columbia, Simms, and North Face.

Anyway, just wondered if any others go Thrift Store diving to find such items, or if you have other sources for them and what they might be.

Looking forward to your responses.

Kelly.