+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Renzetti Vise - advice needed please

Thanks so much for all this guys - I am so thrilled to see I have a good vise, I just have a couple more important questions to ask: This traveller I have is a few years old, it is solid metal except for about 3 - 4 screws which look like nylon or plastic. It is good to know that they are really hardy vises.

Can the Traveller take commercial fly tying? I now also have a Danvise as well and wonder which one of them will stand up to the "crunch" better.

Someone said he changed the standard jaws with a cam set, he said the vise now works better for him - what are these and are they expensive and where would I get them from?

I also tie Saltwater flies as well for a local shop, will the Traveller handle these? Or do you think I should use the Danvise for that?

Thanks again guys n gals for putting my mind at ease about the vise. Do have a wicked Christmas won't you all.

Jeanne

Normand Guest

see my answers in red

Quote Originally Posted by jmeyerc View Post
    Thanks so much for all this guys - I am so thrilled to see I have a good vise, I just have a couple more important questions to ask: This traveller I have is a few years old, it is solid metal except for about 3 - 4 screws which look like nylon or plastic. It is good to know that they are really hardy vises. the screws on my traveler are metal with a plastic knob pressed onto the head of the screw. dont see a problem here

Can the Traveller take commercial fly tying? yes

I now also have a Danvise as well and wonder which one of them will stand up to the "crunch" better. thats up to you

Someone said he changed the standard jaws with a cam set, he said the vise now works better for him - what are these and are they expensive and where would I get them from? renzetti

http://www.renzetti.com/product.php?...cat=304&page=1

I also tie Saltwater flies as well for a local shop, will the Traveller handle these? depends on the hook size but the standard traveler worked for me

Or do you think I should use the Danvise for that? thats up to you

Thanks again guys n gals for putting my mind at ease about the vise. Do have a wicked Christmas won't you all.

Jeanne
    Last edited by Normand; 12-21-2009 at 01:57 PM.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Normand View Post
    i've owned one for 20+ years and all ive done was tie flies with it. no maintenance whatsoever.

Ditto above.

Good luck with your new vise.

What's "trade me"?

Quote Originally Posted by herefishy View Post
    What's "trade me"?
    The originally poster is from New Zealand and they have an auction site similar to Ebay called Trade Me: http://www.trademe.co.nz/

Just go to the Renzetti web site. There you will find a spares kit for the vise as well as fing out about the cam locking jaws for the vise with a price. Renzetti is a very good company and I am extremely satified with my two vises. I have the Renzetti Presentaion 4000 with the cam jaws with a saltwater base for my show and vacation tying and my every day tying vise is the Renzetti Master. Hope this helps you out.

+ Reply to Thread