Just returned from a lunch meeting with Harold Hattaway. We satisfied a mutual longing for Bison cheeseburgers, here on the edge of paradise.

Here's the scoop from one end of the horse. Harold is very determined to continue toward his impending and expected remission. His treatments are cutting edge and do cause a tremendous amount of fatigue. Those of you with personal or family experience will understand.

He looks good in his new shortened hair style. The big smile I associate with his face was there and stayed there most of the time. The good humor and high energy he had when I first met him are still there.

He's very appreciative of all the support and good wishes that he receives from this forum. So, if you have been sending him e-mail, personal notes, or contacting him in other ways, you are contributing to his recovery. He may not have time or energy to answer every bit of commo but he enjoys them all.

He showed me a box of flies RonMT sent him. Nice work, Ron, quite a worthy gift.

Those of you who plan on attending the FL fish-in will be able to fish with Harold. Count on it. That alone is reason to attend.
SaltydancingDave's hard work in organizing this year's event is going to provide a fantastic gathering.

You can determine for yourself which way the horse was facing at lunch.

------------------
aka Cap'n Yid.
Stev Lenon Trout Ski, 91B20 '68-'69
When the dawn came up like thunder